"... the greatest story-teller of his generation"
Tore Renberg is the author of several novels which have become standard reading both in Norway and further afield, and which include the five iconic novels about the fallible antihero Jarle Klepp. These books captured the essence of an era and displayed a portrait of a young man in a way never before seen in Norwegian literature.
Renberg has also made himself remarkable as a dramatist and a writer of film scripts, not least for the successes The Man Who Loved Yngve, The Orheim Company, Charlotte Isabel Hansen and Sonny, the latter with Kaizers Orchestra. Renberg has harvested a string of prizes for his novels, amongst them the Booksellers’ Prize, the P2-Listeners’ Novel Prize, and the Tarjei Vesaas Debutant Prize. Renberg’s novels are published in several countries.
The novel See You Tomorrow heralds a new era in Renberg’s rich authorship.
Click here for a brochure presenting Tore Renberg's work.
Tore Renberg's home page: www.torerenberg.no
"the greatest story teller of his generation… He is a writer who can be incredibly funny. He is an impressively professional storyteller. He writes well and in an entertaining way. And he can be read by both high and low ”
Prizes and nominations:
* Tarjei Vesaas' Debutant prize 1995, for SOVENDE FLOKE
* Tiden Prize 1996
* Henrik Steffen's grant, 1998
* Siddis prize 2004
* The P2 listeners' best novel prize 2005, for THE ORHEIM COMPANY
* Nominated for the Brage prize 2005, for THE ORHEIM COMPANY
* Nominated for the Young Critics' prize 2005, for THE ORHEIM COMPANY
* Nominated for Dagbladet's novel of the year 2005, for THE ORHEIM COMPANY
* Stavanger Cultural prize 2008
* The Booksellers' prize 2008, for CHARLOTTE ISABEL HANSEN
* Nominated for the Nordic Council Film Prize 2008
* Nominated for the Critics Prize for Gi gass, Ine 2010
* The Department of Culture's Prize for Gi gass, Ine 2010
Selected bibliography & translations
|Year||Norwegian title||English Title||Rights sold to||Foreign publisher|
|2013||Vi ses i morgen||See You Tomorrow||
|2011||Dette er mine gamle dager||These Are My Old Days||
|2009||Pixley Mapogo||Pixley Mapogo||
|2008||Charlotte Isabel Hansen||Charlotte Isabel Hansen||
|2006||Farmor har kabel-TV / Videogutten||Grandma's Got Cable TV / Video Boy||
|2005||Kompani Orheim||The Orheim Company||
|2003||Mannen som elsket Yngve||The Man Who Loved Yngve||
|2001||En god tid||Happy Times||
|1995||Sovende floke||Sleeping Tangle||
- Children & Young Adults